Thursday 9 July 2009

Tracing backgrounds on canvas in a temperature of 30 degrees celsius.



Last week I had to trace some of my backgrounds on canvas. I want to use oil paint for my backgrounds. So I have prepared a few canvasses of 50 X 60 cm with gesso, and a midtone acryl paint layer. In this picture you can see my construction to project my background sketches with a beamer onto the canvasses so I could trace them in pencil. A bit of improvising was neccecary. If you are wondering what the coke bottle is doing there. It prevents the canvas from falling down. Normally I would not bother to stand on a chair in the heath of the beamer, but this day it was about 30 degrees outside, and a few more inside including the heath of the beamer. So I had to wrap my hands in toilet paper to prevent smudging on the canvas. :-D

No comments: